- Paperback: 250 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (January 7, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1492054623
- ISBN-13: 978-1492054627
Cloud FinOps: Collaborative, Real-Time Cloud Financial Management
Applying traditional spend management processes to the cloud will lead to companies losing control of costs and interrupting innovation. Whether you’re new to managing cloud spend or a seasoned pro, this book will clarify the often misunderstood workings of cloud billing. You’ll learn expert strategies for creating a culture of cloud cost management.
- Learn how the cloud works when it comes to financial management
- Set up a FinOps team and build a framework for making spend efficiency a priority
- Examine the anatomy of a cloud bill and learn how to manage it
- Get operational recipes for maximizing cloud efficiency
- Motivate engineering teams to take cost-saving actions
- Explore the FinOps lifecycle: inform, optimize, and operate
- Learn the DNA of a highly functional Cloud FinOps culture
Drawing on real-world examples of successes and failures of large-scale cloud spenders, this book outlines a road map for building a culture of Cloud FinOps in your organization. Beginning with fundamental cloud billing concepts, tech execs, finance teams, DevOps leaders, and FinOps practitioners will learn how to build an efficient and effective FinOps machine.