- Paperback: 606 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 10, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838552650
- ISBN-13: 978-1838552657
Expert C++: Design and architect real-world scalable C++ applications by exploring advanced techniques in low-level programming, object-oriented programming (OOP), the Standard Template Library (STL), metaprogramming, and concurrency
C++ has evolved over the years and the latest release – C++20 – is now available. Since C++11, C++ has been constantly enhancing the language feature set. With the new version, you’ll explore an array of features such as concepts, modules, ranges, and coroutines. This book will be your guide to learning the intricacies of the language, techniques, C++ tools, and the new features introduced in C++20, while also helping you apply these when building modern and resilient software.
You’ll start by exploring the latest features of C++, and then move on to advanced techniques such as multithreading, concurrency, debugging, monitoring, and high-performance programming. The Expert C++ book will delve into object-oriented programming principles and the C++ Standard Template Library, and even show you how to create custom templates. After this, you’ll learn about different approaches such as test-driven development (TDD), behavior-driven development (BDD), and domain-driven design (DDD), before taking a look at the coding best practices and design patterns essential for building professional-grade applications. Toward the end of the book, you will gain useful insights into the recent C++ advancements in AI and machine learning.
- Understand memory management and low-level programming in C++ to write secure and stable applications
- Discover the latest C++20 features such as modules, concepts, ranges, and coroutines
- Understand debugging and testing techniques and reduce issues in your programs
- Design and implement GUI applications using Qt5
- Use multithreading and concurrency to make your programs run faster
- Develop high-end games by using the object-oriented capabilities of C++
- Explore AI and machine learning concepts with C++
By the end of this C++ programming book, you’ll have gained expertise in real-world application development, including the process of designing complex software.