Hands-On Data Science with R
- Paperback: 420 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 30, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789139406
- ISBN-13: 978-1789139402
Hands-On Data Science with R: Practical examples for professionals using R in Data science
R is the most widely used programming language, and when used in association with data science, this powerful combination will solve the complexities involved with unstructured datasets in the real world. This book covers the entire data science ecosystem for aspiring data scientists, right from zero to a level where you are confident enough to get hands-on with real-world data science problems.
The book starts with an introduction to data science and introduces readers to popular R libraries for executing data science routine tasks. This book covers all the important processes in data science such as data gathering, cleaning data, and then uncovering patterns from it. You will explore algorithms such as machine learning algorithms, predictive analytical models, and finally deep learning algorithms. You will learn to run the most powerful visualization packages available in R so as to ensure that you can easily derive insights from your data.
- Understand the R programming language and its ecosystem of packages for data science
- Obtain and clean your data before processing
- Master essential exploratory techniques for summarizing data
- Examine various machine learning prediction, models
- Explore the H2O analytics platform in R for deep learning
- Apply data mining techniques to available datasets
- Work with interactive visualization packages in R
- Integrate R with Spark and Hadoop for large-scale data analytics
Towards the end of Hands-On Data Science with R, you will also learn how to integrate R with Spark and Hadoop and perform large-scale data analytics without much complexity.