Hands-On Network Programming with C# and .NET Core
- Paperback: 488 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 29, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789340764
- ISBN-13: 978-1789340761
Hands-On Network Programming with C# and .NET Core: A comprehensive guide to understanding network architecture, communication protocols, and network analysis to build secure applications compatible with the latest versions of C# 8 and .NET Core 3.0
The C# language and the .NET Core application framework provide the tools and patterns required to make the discipline of network programming as intuitive and enjoyable as any other aspect of C# programming. With the help of this book, you will discover how the C# language and the .NET Core framework make this possible.
The book begins by introducing the core concepts of network programming, and what distinguishes this field of programming from other disciplines. After this, you will gain insights into concepts such as transport protocols, sockets and ports, and remote data streams, which will provide you with a holistic understanding of how network software fits into larger distributed systems. The book will also explore the intricacies of how network software is implemented in a more explicit context, by covering sockets, connection strategies such as Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and User Datagram Protocol (UDP), asynchronous processing, and threads. You will then be able to work through code examples for TCP servers, web APIs served over HTTP, and a Secure Shell (SSH) client.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the breadth of C#’s network programming utility classes
- Utilize network-layer architecture and organizational strategies
- Implement various communication and transport protocols within C#
- Discover hands-on examples of distributed application development
- Gain hands-on experience with asynchronous socket programming and streams
- Learn how C# and the .NET Core runtime interact with a hosting network
- Understand a full suite of network programming tools and features
By the end of this Hands-On Network Programming with C# and .NET Core book, you will have a good understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) network stack, the various communication protocols for that stack, and the skills that are essential to implement those protocols using the C# programming language and the .NET Core framework.