Pro PowerShell for Amazon Web Services, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 524 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (October 5, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 148424849X
- ISBN-13: 978-1484248492
Pro PowerShell for Amazon Web Services, 2nd Edition: Focuses on running Windows workloads on Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading public cloud platform. In this book you will learn to use Microsoft PowerShell to create, host, manage, and administer workloads using Amazon Web Services. You will learn how to create virtual machines, provision storage, configure networks, and more-all using your preferred Windows scripting language.
CIOs everywhere are leading their organizations to the cloud, but there are few books available to help. This book focuses on moving Microsoft Windows workloads to the cloud using technologies familiar to enterprise Microsoft-based professionals.
The completely revised and expanded Pro PowerShell for Amazon Web Services, 2nd Edition is written specifically for Windows professionals who already know PowerShell and want to learn to host Windows workloads on Amazon Web Services. The cloud offers information technology workers significant cost savings and agility unimaginable even just a few years ago. Tasks that traditionally took weeks of work, costing thousands of dollars, can be completed in minutes for a fraction of a penny.
What You’ll Learn
- Create and manage Windows servers on Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Configure and secure networks with Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Leverage autoscaling to adjust resources as load changes
- Deploy and manage SQL Server using the Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Manage virtual desktops using WorkSpaces and AppStream
- Leverage AWS Systems Manager to manage Windows at scale
New chapters in this second edition cover: AWS Lambda, Amazon WorkSpaces, Amazon AppStream 2.0, AWS Directory Service, Amazon WorkDocs, and AWS System Manager.