Python Object-Oriented Programming – Fourth Edition
- Paperback: 714 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 2, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801077266
- ISBN-13: 978-1801077262
Python Object-Oriented Programming, 4th Edition: A comprehensive guide to exploring modern Python through data structures, design patterns, and effective object-oriented techniques
Python Object-Oriented Programming, Fourth Edition dives deep into the various aspects of OOP, Python as an OOP language, common and advanced design patterns, and hands-on data manipulation and testing of more complex OOP systems. These concepts are consolidated by open-ended exercises, as well as a real-world case study at the end of every chapter, newly written for this edition. All example code is now compatible with Python 3.9+ syntax and has been updated with type hints for ease of learning.
Steven and Dusty provide a friendly, comprehensive tour of important OOP concepts, such as inheritance, composition, and polymorphism, and explain how they work together with Python’s classes and data structures to facilitate good design. UML class diagrams are generously used throughout the text for you to understand class relationships. Beyond the Python Object-Oriented Programming, 4th Edition book’s focus on OOP, it features an in-depth look at Python’s exception handling and how functional programming intersects with OOP. Not one, but two very powerful automated testing systems, unittest and pytest, are introduced in this book. The final chapter provides a detailed discussion of Python’s concurrent programming ecosystem.
- Implement objects in Python by creating classes and defining methods
- Extend class functionality using inheritance
- Use exceptions to handle unusual situations cleanly
- Understand when to use object-oriented features, and more importantly, when not to use them
- Discover several widely used design patterns and how they are implemented in Python
- Uncover the simplicity of unit and integration testing and understand why they are so important
- Learn to statically type check your dynamic code
- Understand concurrency with asyncio and how it speeds up programs
By the end of the Python Object-Oriented Programming, 4th Edition book, you will have a thorough understanding of how to think about and apply object-oriented principles using Python syntax and be able to confidently create robust and reliable programs.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Universal Pet Seatbelt Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]